The NFL has admitted it “solved” its concussion crisis, even as other teams have struggled with similar problems.
Continue Reading Below The NFL said Tuesday that it has “saved” its game in the past six months, with four of the league’s teams (New England, Jacksonville, Miami and Tennessee) all returning to play in 2018.
“We are committed to a full recovery of our players and our coaches,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement.
“As part of that commitment, the NFL has committed to providing compensation for its players and their families, as well as a plan to ensure the players and coaches are well-prepared for the future.”
A full recovery?
A full-on return?
It’s not clear what exactly happened to the players.
The team that made the statement Tuesday, the Tennessee Titans, did not immediately respond to an inquiry.
The Miami Dolphins, whose roster includes two players who have played in the NFL, were asked if the Titans’ statement was correct and if the team had “sought the full recovery” from its concussion.
Dolphins owner Stephen Ross denied the claims.
The Titans were also asked if they were considering a potential concussion settlement, to which their spokesperson said the Titans have no plans to do so.
While it’s been three months since the NFL reported the league has found a solution to the concussion crisis , many of the players who suffered concussions were able to return to play.
The most notable player to have returned to play after the NFL announced a solution was wide receiver Sammy Watkins, who has been on injured reserve since March after suffering a concussion in Week 8 of the 2017 season.
Watkins returned to the field for the first time in the Titans opener last week, and he was voted MVP of the game.